Monday, March 24, 2008

Xavier is baptised!!

Yesterday was a very busy day. Richard was working an overnight, so I had a lot of things to do before we had to leave for Xavier's baptism.
I started out, after giving breakfast to myself and Emma, I cooked some chicken, lamb and spicy sausage together in a pot with some wine, getting it ready for the evening supper. I also started to get a ham ready (which was not even taken out to eat!).
I cleaned the living room, vaccuumed, cleaned the kitchen (minus a few dishes) and washed the floor.
Now it was lunch time for me and Emma. Once that was over, time to get the kids and myself for the baptism. That was quite the ordeal. Xavier did not enjoy when it was time for me to get ready. He just wanted to be held. Poor guy.
Xavier was a superstar at his baptism. He did really well and did not cry when the water was poured on him. Pepere did a really good job baptising his little guy. Pascale and Monique also did a good job with the music.
Emma loved the sound of her shoes and was running a little bit back and forth. She was really cute. Getting Danika to follow her up and down the altar was so funny. What a couple of cuties!
After the baptism we had family come over here. I finished off making the curanto (soup with all the meat and wine) by adding some seafood and mussels and cooking it up to a boil.
I made pasta for myself and Emma.
Xavier received a lot of really nice presents, cards, a gift card and tons of cash. Thank you to everyone! Thank you for making Xavier's special day so much more special!!

No comments: