Thursday, May 8, 2008

Walk with L'Arche and other stuff

On Sunday we had the Walk with L'Arche, and again we were the top team! Woohoo! Xavier, I believe was the third highest fundraiser, not bad for an almost 6 months old baby.
The day was snowy, if you can believed it, but it was one of those light rainy type snows that never stays. By halfway through the day, the sun was started to poke through. All in all a good day.
Now I have strep-throat, not sure if that's how you spell it, but that's how you say it. I'm feeling generally crappy with, of course, a sore throat. Luckily Richard didn't have to work until Wednesday, so I was able to go to my doctor's (with only the breastfeeding fiend accompanying me) and get as much rest as I could on Tuesday. I did get some momentary interruptions from the little man for his food and Emma came to visit every once in a while.
I am on penicillin, which is excreted in breastmilk, but as Xavier's pediatrician says, I would rather him have a little penicillin in his system than have strep throat!

No comments: