Friday, May 23, 2008

This, that and everything - part deux

I just wanted to post some random things that I have either discovered or have been able to do since becoming a mom:

  • slip on shoes are the best invention ever! They even come in cute fashionable styles. They are very useful when you have your hands full with baby, diaper bag, toddler, keys etc....
  • telling a todler (who is running down the street, mall etc..) to stop running doesn't work, all they hear is the word "run". I find using please walk works much better
  • there's nothing better than waking up in the morning to smiles, coos and HI MAMAN!!!
  • being really sick (like when I had strep throat a few weeks back) is a totally different animal when you have little kids
  • taking a bath or shower ALONE means being very sneaky when you have a toddler
  • the simplest little gesture (like sitting on the floor) can make a toddler very happy
  • Grandparents are the best thing since sliced bread
  • never leave the house without the sippy cup
  • you need to let criticism (especially from people who don't know you or don't even have their own children) go in one ear and out the other

That's all I can think of this morning, but I'm sure there are 100's of other comments I could put here!!

No comments: