Monday, January 4, 2010

The weekend

The New Year started normal enough. Emma slept in. Both kids ate a nice hearty breakfast. Emma helped me make bread and prepare lunch.
Richard returned from work and proceeded to remove our old ancient washer, leaky sink and old cabinets. He was to start making a level floor in the furnace room, however,sometime by late afternoon Emma complained of a sore stomach and proceeded to vomit everywhere. Richard came up to help me out. We soaked all the puke stained (and later diarrhea stained) clothing in the bathtub and stuck the laundry basket outside.
Poor Emma was very ill, Richard and I took turns staying up with her as she was sick throughout the night. We spent most of Saturday with one watching after Emma and the other running after Xavier, as well as making necessary errands, for which my car almost did not want to start.
On Sunday morning things seemed to be looking up. Emma seemed to be getting better and Xavier was eating up the whole household and running around. The only snag is that the house was freezing cold, the furnace had stopped working! After about an hour, Richard was able to restart the furnace and heat returned to our humble abode. Richard than proceeded to keep framing the floor in the furnace/laundry room, while I started cleaning the dishes and make a homemade turkey noodle soup for Emma.
At lunch Xavier was refusing to eat. Finally I convinced him to sit on my lap and I would feed him. Next thing I know Xavier's throwing up and I'm catching it in my hand! At least I didn't get any on my clothes, if you want to find a bright side.
Xavier was now down for the count.
Since Emma seemed to be doing well, I brought her with me to my mom's for supper. Unfortunately it was too much too soon. She's still not 100% and stayed home from Preschool today. Xavier seems to be doing better, after a bumpy night.
I feel like crap.
That was our weekend.

No comments: