Monday, March 3, 2014

It is amazing to see how much your children change from year to year. Our sweetest Emma just celebrated her 8th birthday. In passed years, I have busily made preparations, helping guide birthday themes and coming up with appropriate decorations and homemade cakes to fit these themes.

This year Emma was much more involved in the planning. Ever since she received a china tea cup and saucer from her Mémère Anne-Marie last summer, she was determined to have a tea party for her birthday. She took to my Pinterest account, scouring the very many ideas and pinning those she liked. It was so much fun to see her so involved and interested in the planning of her birthday beyond the theme.

She chose what kind of cake she wanted, what kind of treats she wanted to be served, and even helped prep before the party started. During the party, she was the most gracious hostess, making sure her friends had enough to eat and refilling the tea cups as needed. She was in charge, such a great shift and it's wonderful to see how much she's grown up. She's no longer a little girl, she is now a little lady and I couldn't be happier that she is my precious daughter.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be." 
-Robert Munsch

*photo courtesy of Tony Bonomo

1 comment:

Maman d'amour said...

Merci Micheline. C'est tellement vrai comme nos enfants grandissent vite! Juliette a adore la fete d'Emma. Bravo pour ton blog! J'irai fouiner un peu plus quand j'aurai du temps... :)