Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun in the sun

We definitely have had a busy but fun summer. Part of that is because of this great new moms group that has formed recently in Winnipeg calleds Momstown Winnipeg. We've had car wash play dates, tonnes of stroller walks, play dates at the new Nature Playground in Assiboine Park, an outing to tinkertown and even an outing just for moms!
This group is so good for me and for the kids.
It gets us out of the house doing things with other people. Hopefully it will also garner some friendships for the kiddies and for me. I am definitely in need of expanding my social circle. I am so insecure with myself, however, I am constantly afraid of doing or saying something wrong. Gah! I need to learn to relax and try to convince myself I'm someone that other people can/do like. Why is this so hard? I always wonder how making friends seem to be so easy for other people.
I just need to relax.
How did this blog about fun in the sun turn into my self esteem issues? LOL. I was thinking of deleting that part, but I've decided to leave it on here as a reminder to myself.
Let's get back to topic. I really love picnics and thankfully this summer we've managed to have a picnic every week. Some were more organised, other were thrown together last minute and one was just me alone with the kids in the park, literally. Every single one of them was well worth it. It's so much fun hanging out at the park with the kids.
We've made it to the beach once this year, better than none last year, hopefully next year there will be more trips to the beach though! However, it's not totally lost for this year, even though tomorrow is September 1. EGADS! 9 more days and Emma reaches another milestone: kindergarten! I have mixed feelings about this one :-S
We did spend some time earlier this month at the CanadInns. The kids had a blast, we spent most of the time in the pool, a lot of times we were the only ones there! Xavier hardly swam though, he just going on the slide! LOL! What a guy. He will definitely be my daredevil.
All of these activities however, have hampered my concentration on my homework, so I really need to kick my butt and get my homework done for the end of next week. (that's my personal deadline). We'll see how things go!

No comments: