Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Zoo!

We did our first trip to the zoo this year. It was also Xavier's first trip to the zoo (out of the womb). Emma had a great time! It was so much fun. Of course all of the Canadian animals were out enjoying the spring weather. The rest of the animals were still in their winter habitats. I've discovered that monkeys are better viewed in their summer habitat. An indoor monkey habitat is not a pleasant smell!!
I like going to the zoo at the beginning of spring. No crowds and it's not too hot for the kids. We were even able to see the rare white buffalo (not albino). I got some really good pics. I just need to figure out how to put a photo in a post. It keeps loading, but there's an error on the page so the "done" button doesn't show up. Very frustrating, I wish I were more tech-savvy to figure it out. Oh well. I will try to put more pictures on my flickr website.
In other news, we are considering the purchase of a vehicle, used of course. A big step for eco-friendly me, however, with two kids, not having a vehicle is getting complicated, especially with all the activities Xavier and Emma are enrolled in.
These are them: "Bebes, Parents et Gazouillements", "Families Connecting", "L'Heure du Conte", "Toi, Moi et la Mere L'Oie" and of course swimming.
I'm having the vehicle we're considering purchasing safetied as we speak, hopefully it can be safetied without any work needing to be done to it. Fingers crossed.

No comments: